Benefits of Buying a Certified Pre-Owned
Benefits of Buying a Certified Pre-Owned Nissan
Buying a Certified Pre-Owned Nissan from Serra Nissan of Traverse City, an authorized Nissan dealership, is a smart move. You can save thousands of dollars off new-car prices while receiving the reliability and quality of a like-new vehicle. Before it can gain Certified Pre-Owned designation, a Nissan used car must meet strict standards. Nissan CPO vehicles cannot be more than six years old (from date of original service). Odometer mileage cannot exceed 80,000 miles, and CPO vehicles must have a title that is non-branded and clean. Once clearing these requirements, CPO vehicles are submitted to a more thorough inspection from a certified Nissan mechanic, who will complete an exhaustive 167-point assessment and reconditioning.
Benefits for Nissan CPO Buyers:
A Certified Pre-Owned Nissan offers many benefits beyond attractive prices, including:
- Certified Limited Warranty: Each Nissan CPO vehicle receives a limited warranty of 7 years/100,000 miles. If you sell your vehicle prior to warranty expiration, you can transfer the warranty to a private buyer.
- 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance Package: You’ll feel secure on the road with this package, which runs for 7 years/100,000 miles from the original service date. The services you receive include jump starts, lock-out assistance, changing a flat tire with your spare, and out-of-gas delivery ($5 maximum). The first $100 of dispatched assistance is free.
- Car Rental Reimbursement: If your needs service due to mechanical problems with covered parts, you’ll pay no more than $35 a day to rent a car up to five days.
- Parts: When reconditioning is necessary, Nissan CPO vehicles receive only Genuine Nissan Parts.
- CARFAX: To help you purchase with complete confidence, you’ll receive a CARFAX Vehicle History Report at no cost.
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio: Your Nissan CPO package includes three free months of free SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
- Security+Plus® Extended Protection Plan: If you so choose, you can buy this protection plan, which covers more than 1,300 parts (including audio/video/navigation, steering, suspension, electrical, climate control system and brakes). This is over and above the 600+ parts already covered by the Nissan Certified Limited Warranty. You can choose either 7 years/100,000 miles or 8 years/120,00 miles, both with $0-deductible.
- Towing Benefit: If you need a tow, our Towing Benefit covers up to $100 to move your car to the nearest Nissan dealer (within 250 miles).
- Trip Interruption Coverage: If your car has a mechanical breakdown at least 100 miles from your home, you receive up to $500 for meals, alternative transportation and lodging.
- At Serra Nissan of Traverse City we offer all of our Certified Pre-Owned customers a complimentary first visit to our full-service oil change completed by a certified Nissan technician.